- This event has passed.
Sharing Stories – National Truth and Reconciliation Day
September 30 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Every year on September 30th people across Canada wear orange in remembrance of the Indigenous children who were victims of the residential school system and participate in events to recognize and amplify awareness about the history and legacies of the residential school system in Canada.
Join us on Thursday, September 30, 2021 to honour this day. You can drop-in any time between 10:00 AM- 3:00 PM to participate in the activities:
- Make a medicine pouch with Artbeat Studio between 1:00-3:00 PM
- Storytelling throughout the day featuring books by Indigenous authors
- Melanie will be providing sage and speaking about its use as a traditional medicine
- Chose a free book by an Indigenous author & free school supplies (supplies limited)
- Receive a bagged snack to take home