Wolseley Family Place Job Opportunity: Summer Program Coordinator
Wolseley Family Place is a multi-service family resource centre providing support, enhancing education, and fostering community. We work together to strengthen children and families on the challenging journey of living and growing.
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 35 hours/week, Monday to Friday 9-5, TERM
Wage: $13.50/hour plus 4% vacation
The employee will work part of a collaborative team to provide families and children with activities and outdoor programming to foster their physical, emotional and social development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and facilitate outdoor programming for families with young children
- Collaborate with neighbourhood organizations in the planning and implementation of programming
- Find creative ways to deliver outdoor group outings and activities for safe family summer fun
- Maintain up-to-date registrations and records of attendance for all programming
- Submit written reports of summer programming
- Use online meeting platforms and file sharing
- Be aware of supplies required for activities; purchase supplies and maintain budget
- Support alternate activity planning in accordance with the Manitoba public health directives
- Work cooperatively and respectfully as a member of the interdisciplinary WFP team
- Communicate effectively within the WFP team
- Ready and able to enjoy the outside with children and families in all weather
- Ability to speak English required, additional languages an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills, punctuality a requirement
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances
- Experience working with children and families from diverse backgrounds
- Clear criminal record and child abuse registry check – cost can be covered by WFP
- Emergency First Aid and CPR up-to-date
Wolseley Family Place strives to employ a staff team that is inclusive and reflective of the population that we serve. We welcome applications from Indigenous and newcomer applicants.
Wolseley Family Place
202-222 Furby Street
Please email a cover letter and resume to Nadine MacKenzie at email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.