Position: Nursery School Supervisor
Start date: May 31, 2021
Salary: $17.50-$19.50/hour, dependent on qualifications
Hours: 22.5 hours a week to start with the possibility of moving to full-time, permanent after successful completion of 3-month probation (operating hours between Monday- Friday 8:30-4:30)
Benefits: Group disability, life insurance, pension, EAP, health and dental package
Vacation: 3 weeks
Job description: Wolseley Family Place Playroom is seeking an experienced ECEII for a supervisory position within our licensed multi-aged nursery school.
The Playroom is part of Wolseley Family Place, a non-profit family resource centre in the West Broadway area. We provide a stimulating and fun environment to encourage/enhance development in children while their parents are participating in other programming. We work with caregivers to empower them in their parenting and facilitate attachment.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to use their skills in program development and implementation, staff mentorship, administrative tasks and human resource management as well as early childhood education.
The ideal candidate will have
- ECEII certificate
- Ability to work directly with infants, preschool and school-aged children
- Supervisory skills and experience
- Knowledge in emergent curriculum and child development
- Supportive and nurturing of the child within the family setting
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to engage and respond to family/children’s needs and/or concerns; ability to provide written reports
- Collaborative approach – comfortable working as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Knowledge and experience in developing early childhood curriculum and day-to-day activity plans
- Cultural competence – experience working respectfully with diverse populations
- A strengths-based, non-judgmental approach to supporting families
- Strong knowledge of childcare best practices and licensing regulations
- Professional leadership style: lead by example, ability to coach, to make and follow through on decisions, give direction, resolve conflict, give and receive feedback
- Administrative skills: use of Microsoft Office, email
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- The successful candidate will be subject to a Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Speak multiple languages
- Experience working with parents and caregivers in a supportive role
- Experience working in a non-profit community organization
- Experience working with children with additional support needs
- Knowledge of local resources in inner-city Winnipeg
Application deadline: April 23, 2021
Wolseley Family Place
202-222 Furby Street
Please email a cover letter and resume to Nadine MacKenzie at email@example.com
Wolseley Family Place strives to employ a staff team that is inclusive and reflective of the population that we serve. We welcome applications from Indigenous and newcomer applicants, and encourage you to self-identify in your application.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.